Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 April 2011

Homing Pigeons: a photo blog.

The days of the homing sparrows are gone. They were so much part of my childhood in Andhra Pradesh. Their twittering, their nests, their eggs….my learning to differentiate between the male and the female…dad getting to be an expert on them…
Sadly, today, the kids have to see even a sparrow ,probably in a zoo.

Our apartment is home to a lot of pigeons. Sometimes, I am apprehensive that their lot is dwindling too. They are a moody lot, see who isn’t ? On some days they come and eat all the grains I give them. On some days none of them touch it…fasting? Or sulking? I shall never know.

On a day when there wasn’t much activity, I clicked away . I am not too happy with the result. I waited in vain for the flight of a group, then gave up! I realized how much praise one ought to shower on a frame well captured! My album is also poorer by the fact that I missed out on some sizzling scenes…they seemed to say ,all that’s “for your eyes only.”











a cold dawn






my forty winks



pehle aap.....


one for the album


there we go again..

stalemate!


enjoying the solitude?


the black beauty


the coy one



awesome twosome





 





three isn't a crowd!







who is who here?                                                    




what yoga is this?


many thanks for this flight...into my frame!



together,watching another sundown.....


No comments:

Post a Comment