Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 April 2011

Delivering Happiness : My views.

The book truly delivered happiness of some sort. I mean when I simply filled in those details while surfing the net, I didn’t expect anything to come out of it. So, I was pleasantly surprised to get the couriered copies!  
            The next challenge for me was to read a non fiction book. A short train journey the following week, finding myself bookless I took it along compulsively. All this cut the ice, later on, of course,  I read through the book as I found it quite interesting.
            Among the three sections I found “profits” very engrossing. Those experiences seem so earnest and written in a lucid style. I’m sure many a reader would have related to many of these “adventures” and emotions.
            The book starts off with a quote by Gandhiji and needless to say my Indian eyes sparkled with pride!
            ‘The accomplishments of the children were the trophies that many parents defined their own success and status by”. The Asian culture thus is defined. Albeit, the child draws his lessons. “it is possible to run a business by mail order, without any face to face  interaction .” Nurtured within this kind of a  system the Asian businessman thinks differently.
“there was something alluring being involved in something where the sole purpose was to create an experience and emotional journey for people, and then to have nothing but memories left afterward to hold onto.”
            The Bard teaches a different lesson here, when the Morse code makes up for a sonnet!” “It sometimes pays to take risks and think out of the box.” Gradually, the other lessons follow-how the presentation of truth is as important as the truth, the importance of ‘humility’, the power of ‘crowd sourcing”. Success brings with it the follow up questions, What’s success? Happiness?  What am I working toward?  
            Thoughts breeze in and many a truth dawn. “How easily we are all brainwashed by our society and culture to stop thinking and just assume by default that more money equals more success and more happiness…”
            Thus, at the outset, the “culture” is defined. Defined in the upbringing, defined in perception and defined for the future. That’s the keyword, the answer for “the best way to build a brand for the long term.”
            In the end, that is Zappos’ equation of success. “You get the culture right, most of the other stuff……..will happen naturally on its own.”
            Passion, personal stories and reality are also what make up the ‘flow’ in “Delivering happiness”. It shall motivate many young entrepreneurs. Well…I have chosen to join the movement. With this bit, take the novice entrepreneur along the right path to profit.
            I shall gift my second copy to my young cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment